Diabetes Stats From 2011:
-In total, over 25 millions people, children and adults, have diabetes in the United States, which accounts for 8.3% of the population.
-There are 79 million people that are pre-diabetic currently.
-Approximately 1 in every 400 children has diabetes.
-13M men over the age of 20 have diabetes long with 12.8M women.
Complications from diabetes
- In 2004, 68% of diabetes related deaths involved heart disease among people 65 and older.
- Adults with diabetes have death rates and 2-4 times higher than those who are diabetes free, the risk of stroke is also 2-4 times greater.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of new cases of blindness.
- 60% of non-traumatic lower-limb amputations occur in people with diabetes.
- $174 billion, is the cost of diagnosed diabetes in the US in 2007.
- $58 billion in indirect costs, such as, disability, work loss, premature mortality.
How 7-Keto Can Help
A study at the University of Tennessee found that 7 Keto increases insulin sensitivity. Type II Diabetes is characterized as a resistance to the cells being able to utilize insulin. 7-Keto can help to regulate blood sugar levels in insulin resistant diabetics. As we age, our natural levels of 7-Ket0 DHEA start to decrease, taking a 7 Keto supplement can help maintain a healthy level.
7-Keto is also beneficial in weight loss, which can help prevent diabetes in the first place. The University of Southern California conducted a study which revealed that people who took 100mg of 7-Keto a day for six months lost fat and gained muscle.
Another study conducted by the American College of Physicians over 8 weeks showed a significant loss of body at and weight. 30 overweight adults were tested, 15 given 7 Keto the other 15 the placebo. Over the course of the test, both groups performed the same exercise routines. None of the test subjects saw any side effects and the 7-Keto group saw 3x the fat loss!